Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Run to Jesus When You Are Scared

Hello, everyone!  It's Alea posting today.  :)

Recently there was a shooting at my school.  It was the most terrifying experience of my life.  I was just down the hallway from where it was.  The teacher whose classroom it happened in ran into our room, telling us to lock our door.  The look on her face was indescribable.  The entire class ran into the corner, silent as we had ever been.  Everyone would have screamed if a pen had dropped.

My heart pounded.  I didn't know if these were my last moments alive.

I started praying.  My prayers went something like, "God help me."  I am still not entirely sure what I actually meant by that.  I just knew I needed to pray.

I ran to Jesus and He wrapped me in His arms.

I recited Psalm 23 over and over.

"He leads me beside quiet waters.  He restores my soul." Psalm 23:2-3.  He used those words to comfort me.  I was not walking (or hiding in a corner) outside of His will.  There was no safer place to be.

I didn't have my family with me to hold on to.  I didn't even have a close friend in the class.  It was just me and God.  My faith grew tremendously that day.

Take this to your heart, dear readers, and run to Jesus for comfort.  He can comfort you like no other.  Yes, I was scared, but somehow, deep down, I knew that if I died that day, it would be His will.

Cling to Jesus at all times.  He is truly the Great Comforter.


3 comments:

  1. That is an incredible story and example of faith Alea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that must have been terrifying! Was anybody hurt? So glad to hear that you went to Jesus in this time of trouble.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep everything appropriate and clean. Thanks!