Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Courage to Live Fearlessly

Alea here!  This is something I wrote a couple of months ago as encouragement for others on a mission to live fearlessly.  I pray it ministers to you today.

----------

        We are told to live fearlessly, to be bold for Christ.  We hear it.  We clap, we cheer, we make up our minds to live that way.
Then reality comes.  That time to be fearless comes and goes.  You don't have the courage.  You are a Christian, but you hide it.
I am not naturally a brave person.  Remember this because it is a very important factor in the story I am about to tell.
This past year I went to public school.  Biology was set for the second semester.  I mentally prepared myself for a secular worldview in that class.  Nothing could have totally prepared me for the reality of that classroom.  My teacher was very mean.  He would put us down when no one answered a question correctly, saying that we were failures and we'd never go to college.
Half of the class rolled by this way.  I tolerated the whole "millions of years ago" spiel.  Then we came to the unit on evolution.  I knew that I had to be bold, to speak out like Jonathan Park.
The time came to rewrite our notes (yes, he made us rewrite notes we already took).  This was the opportunity I had been looking for.  God gave me the courage and wisdom to do it.  I talked about how evolution isn't possible and even managed to share the Gospel through it.
The courage most definitely didn't come from me.  I could never have done that on my own.  God gives us the courage to live fearlessly.
But that isn't quite the end of the story.  The next day of class, the teacher pulled me aside.  I walked stiffly out into the hallway, terrified.  I knew what was coming.
God gave me courage once more.  I blatantly said, "I am a Christian."
If you don't think you are brave enough to live fearlessly, ask the Lord for courage.  Romans 8:31 says, "What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?"
Who knows, maybe I impacted his life, or he will remember it in the future.  I may never know.  But if I impacted his life somehow, now or in the future, the entire thing was worth it.

----------

Today I will be praying that you, dear reader, are given the courage to live fearlessly for Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep everything appropriate and clean. Thanks!